Text summarization is the process of identifying the most important information in one or more text document. The objective of automatic text summarization is to:
• produce summary text from one or more text documents
• convey the important information in the original text
• produce summary text that is significantly smaller in size than the original text
There are two main approaches to produce summarization
1. Extractive: attempts to identify the important sections of the text and produces them word-for-word by selecting a subset of existing words, phrases, or sentences from the original text
2. Abstractive: attempts to produce important synthesized material in a new way
Looksee provides extractive summary.